Update: The full version has much more detail and political analysis. It can be found here, or again under Books.
The paper makes the conservative case against crony capitalism. It includes:
- Analysis of crony capitalism and how it emerged in the UK;
- Case studies of Goldman Sachs and the Lloyds HBOS merger;
- Analysis showing how the UK declined in economic power over the past decade;
- Statistics on the recent ramp-up in executive pay;
- A critique of key institutions such as the Treasury, Bank of England and FSA; and
- Nine specific recommendations to put the UK back on track.
The paper is taken from a longer pamphlet, to be published shortly.